Propane metering device kit for precise chamber charging every time.
Just assemble, attach to the chamber, slap on a camping propane tank, and you are ready to go. Completely regulated constant volume variable pressure measuring. Lets you calibrate the propane charge to your launcher's specific needs.
This meter system uses a venting regulator, meaning the excess pressure is vented into the air. Use caution when using propane. Use only outdoors away from open flame and other ignition sources. Disconnect propane source and purge system outdoors away from flame and other ignition sources before storage.
- 1 x Propane Tank Adapter
- 1 x Regulator(Venting Regulator. See Caution Below)
- 1 x 0-100PSI Pressure Gauge
- 2 x Hose Barb
- 1 x Five Foot Hose
- 2 x Hose Clamp
- 2 x Ball Valve
- 1 x Nipple(metering tube)
- 1 x Brass Reducer
- 1 x Street 90
- 1 x Mounting Bracket
- 3 x Mounting Screws
- 1 x Zip Tie Mount
- 1 x Zip Tie
- 1 x Thread Tape Roll
*Propane tank not included
*Parts may vary from ones pictured.
*Assembly instructions are not included. Use pictures and instructions below.
Assembly Instructions Assembly is available for extra charge.
- Apply thread tape to all threads.
- Regulator Assembly
- Connect propane adapter to the regulator inlet port. Look for arrow on regulator to indicate flow direction.
- Connect 1/4in x 1/4in hose barb to regulator outlet.
- Connect pressure gauge to gauge port on regulator.
- Meter Tube Assembly
- Connect nipple between the two ball valves. Be sure to orient the ball valves in a direction that works with your launcher design. Usually both valves are in the same direction.
- Connect 3/8in x 1/4in hose barb to one ball valve.
- Connect 3/8in x 1/4in reducer to the other ball valve
- Connect street 90 to the reducer.
- Slide hose clamps on hose but do not tighten them yet.
- Connect hose to both hose barbs
- Tighten hose clamps. Careful not to over tighten clamps.
- Leak Checking Do this outdoors away from open flame and other ignition sources.
- Listen and smell for leaks along the entire process and if a leak is found close all valves and disconnect propane tank and fix the leak.
- Close all valves.
- Connect propane tank.
- Open valve on propane adapter.
- Adjust regulator until pressure builds and shows on gauge. Stop turning regulator after pressure stops increasing.
- Open ball valve closest to the hose.
- Check for leaks by misting all threads with soapy water or glass cleaner and watch for bubbles.
- Close all valves and disconnect propane tank.
Attach To Launcher
- Drill 7/16in hole(1/2in if not using a tap) in chamber wall. Preferably at fitting/pipe joint where there the plastic is thickest.
- Use a 1/4in NPT tap and tap threads into hole.
- Screw meter tube assembly into tapped hole. The meter tube typically runs parallel to the chamber.
- Attach top of meter tube to launcher using the mounting bracket and/or zip tie bracket and zip tie. The mounting brackets used may vary by launcher.